Recipes from the Mauger Kitchen
- 2 C flour
- 1 C sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ C canola oil
- 2 C cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 3 eggs
- Sift dry ingredients into large mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in separate bowl, then combine with dry ingredients, mixing with a large fork or flat spatula just until ingredients are combined.
- Bake in a loaf pan or Bundt pan at 375 degrees until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- * Optional topping:
- 1 C brown sugar
- ¼ C butter
- Mix until crumbly, and sprinkle on top of loaf before baking.
Copyright 2015, Mauger Estate Bed & Breakfast
The Historic Mauger Estate