Caramel Apple French Toast
- 2 medium sized granny smith apples
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 C milk
- ¼ C sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Wash and core apples, and slice very thin length wise. Melt butter in bottom of 9x13 baking dish.
- Wash and core apples, and slice very thin length wise.
- Melt butter in bottom of 9×13 baking dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients together with a whisk in a mixing bowl.
- In a greased 9X13 baking dish, lay 6 pieces of thinly sliced French bread, place sliced apples on top of bread, sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Mix ½ of an 8 oz. block of cream cheese, ¼ C butter, ¼ C maple syrup, and melt in microwave until blended together, then pour over apples and brown sugar.
- Place another layer of bread on top then pour egg mixture over bread, place 2 slices of apple on top of each piece of bread for garnish.
- Refrigerate overnight, bake in 360 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Cut diagonally, pour warm syrup over top and serve while hot.
- Serve on a platter, not in baking dish.
Copyright 2015, Mauger Estate Bed & Breakfast
The Historic Mauger Estate B&B