- 2 ½ C flour
- ½ C butter
- 1 C canned pumpkin
- ¾ C chopped apples or canned apples
- 1 C sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ c milk
- 1 whisked egg white (whisk until frothy)
- Add flour and other dry ingredients to large mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry cutter until mixture is mealy in texture.
- Add pumpkin, apples and milk, mix together until dough is slightly sticky.
- Turn out onto floured surface and pat down to rectangle or circle 1 inch thick, and cut into triangle or other shapes.
- Brush tops with egg white, and sprinkle raw sugar on top.
- Bake on greased baking sheet at 375 for approximately 20 minutes, until tops turn golden.
Copyright 2015, Mauger Estate Bed & Breakfast
The Historic Mauger Estate