Raspberry Cream Cheese Scones
- 2 ½ C flour
- ¾ C sugar
- ½ C butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 C milk or ½ and ½
- 1 C fresh raspberries
- 4 oz. (1/2 package) cream cheese, cubed into ½” squares
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry cutter or fork until crumbly mixture is formed.
- Add vanilla and milk or ½ and ½.
- Mix with fork until dough is formed, texture should be similar to biscuits, turn out onto floured surface and pat with hands into a 12” long rectangle, 6” wide and about 1” thick.
- Add flour if dough is sticky and work in with hands by folding over and patting down.
- Place fresh raspberries on dough, place cubed cream cheese on dough, fold outside edges toward center, pressing edges together, and pat down to about 1” thick again.
- Cut into triangles and bake at 375 degrees until slightly brown on top and firm.
Copyright 2015, Mauger Estate Bed & Breakfast
The Historic Mauger Estate