- ½ C butter
- ½ C milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground clove
- 1Tblsp baking powder
- 3 C flour
- 1 C mashed baked sweet potato
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add butter and use a pastry cutter to cut butter into flour mixture until butter is pea sized.
- Add sweet potato and milk and stir with fork just until mixed.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead 3-5 times, pat out into 1 inch thick circle, and use biscuit cutter or knife to cut biscuits. Optional: dip tops of biscuits into melted butter before baking.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Serve with honey butter and enjoy!
Copyright 2015, Mauger Estate Bed & Breakfast
The Historic Mauger Estate B&B