Greetings from all of us at the Mauger Estate B&B!
Here at the B&B we sure are loving this fall weather! New Mexico is absolutely gorgeous this time of year. If you’ve never experienced the thrill of a thunderstorm in the desert we would love to have you stay with us this fall so that we can share a bit of our amazing climate with you- we promise you, you wont regret it! Book now through December 31, 2012 & mention this blog (BLOG 15) to receive dinner on us! Details located at the end of this blog.
The incredible weather it isn’t all our state has to offer; don’t forget about all the fun, exciting, informative, world famous, & all around awesome events that occur this time of year too. We took some time to scout out some of the best things to do in Albuquerque, New Mexico this time of year & here are the top 5:
5. The Rio Grande Arts and Crafts Festivals have become a New Mexican tradition since the first one in 1989. Held three times a year in March, October and November, each fair attracts tens of thousands of buyers from almost every state, as well as New Mexico residents and collectors from around the world.
4. In our last post, we mentioned the heart & soul of our New Mexican cuisine & the chile festivals that pop up all over the state this time of year. If our unique & spicy cuisine interests you, check out any one of a number of fall harvest festivals that occur this time of year. From the beautiful Coralles Harvest Festival, held just on the outer edge of the city, only a twenty minute drive from the B&B to The 5th Annual Urban Farm and Harvest Festival or the Harvest Fest at the Albuquerque BioPark, each of which are held only minutes from the B&B; there is lots of glorious, fresh, local produce to learn about & enjoy this time of year.
3. Find your way through the Maize Maze. Every Fall, the Maize Maze attracts thousands of visitors to Rio Grande Community Farm. The corn grown through the summer becomes 6 feet or taller – and has paths precisely cut by GPS technology to form the Maze. Proceeds from the Maze fund the special programs that support education, wildlife, and our community. What could be more fun than a corn maze this fall?!
2. Check out New Mexico’s annual celebration of world music & culture at ¡Globalquerque! ¡Globalquerque! is a yearly event featuring musicians & performers from all around the world. Many groups performing at this year’s ¡Globalquerque! have never played in the U.S. before, giving Albuquerque residents a chance to be among the first Americans to catch some exciting new acts.
1. The most exciting & uniquely New Mexican fall activity of them all: Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta! We anticipate Balloon Fiesta all year long here in Albuqeurque & can’t wait for the colorful skies to become even more colorful as the breeze cools over the Rio Grande and the beautiful hot air balloons fill the skies.
New Mexico is gorgeous & vibrant this time of year & we would love you to come visit & share in our culture, climate, & joyous fall festivities. Here at the inn we absolutely adore our state, city, & other local businesses. To encourage you to visit & explore small businesses here in our lovely city, we’re including vouchers for dinner at Slate Street Cafe & Wine Bar, only a few minutes walk from the B&B (& absolutely delicious!). Call us to book your reservation before December 31, 2012 & mention this blog (BLOG 15) & receive a $20 voucher to Slate Street Cafe.