Happy New Year & we hope you’re all staying warm this winter. This recipe is DELICIOUS & perfect for chasing away the winter-time chill; it’s warm, gooey, & as comforting as any dish could be. We hope you enjoy it!
Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Plain bread of any kind – enough to fill a 9x13 pan about 2/3 full (we typically use left-over biscuits, croissants, or French bread, anything will work as long as it has a mild flavor that wont disrupt the sweetness of the recipe- so no rye or pickle-loaf! 🙂
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup half and half
- 10 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 heaping tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- Tear bread into small pieces & place in bottom of greased 9x13 pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients & pour evenly over bread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and pour sauce over top.
Prepare Bourbon Sauce
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Once melted, add sugar and water.
- Stir thoroughly & add egg yolk.
- Allow to simmer/boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat & add bourbon.
- Pour over top of bread pudding or serve on the side.
Copyright 2015, Mauger Estate Bed & Breakfast